Community Disability Actors Empowerment
Even though the government of Moldova has officially recognized the promotion of the rights of children and teenagers with disabilities, there are still significant changes to occur on local levels. Many children with disabilities are still treated as outcasts, kept hidden or even deserted by their families. Very little has been done for such children living in the Transnistrian region - a self-proclaimed autonomy, where the provision of social assistance for parents of children with disabilities has remained unchanged since the Soviet times.
The improvement of social integration and of the wellbeing of children and teenagers with disabilities is the overall objective of this project. This goal will be achieved through the stimulation of institutional growth, lobby and advocacy capacities, as well as through developing partnerships among the network of professional care centers for children and teenagers. Furthermore, a sensitization of the public opinion concerning the integration of children with disabilities into society through collaborations with mass media and community leaders will add to the impact of this project.
- Implementation of organizational development events and network capacity building programmes for the network of professional care centers with trainings and workshops on management and IT skills and legal framework
- Conduction of workshops for social workers, educators and psychologists
- Purchase of special equipment in order to improve the communication platform among care centers
- Implementation of special trainings for media representatives
- Conduction of a series of round tables in order to increase public awareness for children and teenagers with disabilities
- Monitoring of both national and international articles in order to estimate the impact of the project.
- More than 10 professional care centres and 350 care givers for children and teenagers with special needs
- At least 800 children and teenagers with disabilities
- A minimum of 250 parents of children and teenagers with disabilities
- More than 30 national, regional and local media representatives working on social themes.
Budget: EUR 114.436,50
Project duration: August 2012 – December 2013
Project partner: Charity Fund “Yaroslav”, Dubasari