Rural Development Program and Training Centre
The project is a model for rural development in Moldova through
- A Vocational Education Training School
- Competence Centre for Entrepreneurship.
The Agricultural Project focuses on community development by offering the necessary support in solving the most acute problems: high unemployment and migration (up to 80 % in both), low incomes in rural communities (between 30-50 Euros per month), collapse of social infrastructure and disappointment of population.
Competence Centre for Entrepreneurship:
The centre offers:
- consultancy services for individual entrepreneurs (farmers, small and medium seized businesses, cooperatives, etc.)
- Development of Economic Strategies for the whole Region together with the Rayon Administrations
- Cooperation with Employment Agency to do specialized trainings for people looking for a job
- Training of trainers of other schools
- Training of professional working in Agricultural related fields (short trainings on enhancement of capacities for 2-3 months).
A 3 round small grant programme with more than 70 beneficiaries from 5 target regions has been implemented.
- Young motivated youth and students from vulnerable families of the Regio
- Already existing Entrepreneurs, cooperatives and entrepreneurs to be
- Local Administrations.
Budget: EUR 400.000
Project duration: September 1, 2007– March 31, 2011
Project partner: ADA, Local Administrations