Support to children and youths in Moldova with special educational needs (SuppSEN)
The project SuppSEN focuses on children and youth with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and the support of the network of Day Care Centres and parents of children with disabilities in Moldova in order to increase their capacity and to raise awareness through public events and community activities. The project will continue the previous intervention supported by ERSTE funding on creating and increasing the capacity of the day care centres network in MD including the transnistrean region (TN). But this time the focus will be more on introducing alternative therapies and to advocate for new services for children with SEN and parents skills development.
The main objective of the project is to support the development of social services, in the field of protection of children with disabilities at a community level in Moldova. Further, we aim to strengthen the network of community centres for children and youths with SEN. This will contribute to an improvement of their life quality and to a better-aligned access for services. The training of parents shall accelerate the change within the community. International experts, toolkits and publication on latest special therapies will further assist fostering an improved care for children and youth with SEN in Moldova.
- Introducing a seminar-cycle on social-psychological rehabilitation of children with SEN. There professionally oriented trainings and workshops will be offered, for specialists working with children and youth with disabilities in all centres of the network.
- Development and realization of a Development School for parents of network centre’s beneficiaries. This will contribute to the implementation of an individual education system and to the rehabilitation plans for the children.
- Launching a public awareness raising campaign to draw attention to the network itself as well as to promote a positive image of children and youth with SEN.
- More than 11 professional care centres and 200 care givers for children and teenagers with special needs
- At least 500 children and teenagers with disabilities
- A minimum of 200 parents of children and teenagers with disabilities
- More than 30 national, regional and local media representatives working on social themes
Budget: EUR 69.687
Project duration: December 2013 – June 2014
Project partner: Charity Fund “Yaroslav”, Dubasari